Terms and Conditions of use of the website
Welcome to the Gold Arts website. By continuing to use this website, you are indicating that you accept these Terms and Conditions of use. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of use you should immediately stop using the website.
Please note that any purchases you make on this website will be governed by our TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BUYING GOODS ONLINE.
‘We’ and ‘us’ means Gold Arts Sussex, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 07180149 and registered address 39 Sackville Road, Hove, BN3 3WD, UK.
The website is intended for UK and non-UK residents. Gold Arts Sussex operates this website. You can find further details about us under the COMPANY INFORMATION SECTION. There are also more details about distance selling under the SELLING ABROAD SECTION.
The terms and conditions quoted here also apply to out content displayed on agreed third party websites.
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all materials or content contained on the website.
Except as specifically authorised below, you may not do any of the following without obtaining our prior written consent:
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post, transmit, commercially exploit or create derivative works of any part of the WEBSITE. This prohibition applies but is not limited to the text, graphics, animations, photographs, pictures, data, images, audio and video clips available from the WEBSITE.
- Download, edit, reproduce or use any material and content contained within the WEBSITE for the purpose of advertising, promoting, endorsing or implying any connection with you or any third party.
- Utilise any data mining, robots or similar data gathering/extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation, any substantial parts of the WEBSITE; or
- Create and/or publish your own database of this WEBSITE (including without limitation prices and product listings)
You may print or download any page(s) for your own personal and non-commercial use only. If you have any doubts about what you can do, please go to our CONTACT US page to apply for permission to reproduce the WEBSITE or any part of it.
You will not:
- Use the WEBSITE (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it at all times in accordance with all relevant laws.
- Upload or transmit through the WEBSITE (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer (ii) any material, including without limitations, any comments which are defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Use the WEBSITE in a manner which (i) may cause the WEBSITE to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the functionality or effectiveness of the WEBSITE is in any way impaired or (ii) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy);
- Create or publish or hypertext link to any part of the WEBSITE without our express written consent except that you may create a hypertext to the WEBSITE if the link does not portray us or our affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or offensive matter. You may not use any our logos or proprietary marks as part of the link without our express written consent (which consent we may withdraw at any time);
- Frame or use framing techniques to enclose any part of the WEBSITE or any content accessible on it without our express written consent. You will not use any meta tags or any other hidden text using (or our affiliates’) names, logos, brands or marks without our express written consent. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by us to use this WEBSITE in addition to our other rights; or
- Attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the WEBSITE.
You warrant that by accessing and using the WEBSITE you will not be in breach of any laws or regulations that apply to you.
We may monitor any activity and content associated with the WEBSITE. We will investigate any reported violation of these Terms & Conditions of use or complaints relating to the WEBSITE and take any action that we believe is appropriate.
User Generated Content
Whilst we make every effort to monitor any contents uploaded by users on our WEBSITE, such contents uploaded by users on our WEBSITE, such content will often reflect a user’s opinion and we will not be responsible or liable to you for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by any other user on our WEBSITE.
Our Liability to You
While we make every effort to ensure our WEBSITE is as accurate, current, complete or error free as possible, unless we are at fault, we are not liable for any inaccuracies or errors which are beyond our reasonable control. In particular, we cannot guarantee that colours in our images will be rendered correctly on different computer monitors. The product dimensions supplied are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products. Products shown may not be actual size. If you have any doubts about the colour, size or any other specification of the goods you wish to order, we recommend you CONTACT US prior to placing an order on the website.
The WEBSITE is provided, on an ‘as is’ and ‘as and when available’ basis without any representation or endorsements and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation the WEBSITE or its content offered on the WEBSITE.
We cannot guarantee that the WEBSITE is free from computer viruses, and you should take your own precautions in this respect. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material as a result of uploading to or downloading from the WEBSITE. If a fault occurs in the service, you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as reasonably can.
We will try to make sure that the WEBSITE is always available. However, this is not always possible and access to the WEBSITE maybe suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of any system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasons outside our control, as well as for any breach by you of these Terms & Conditions of Use.
We remain liable however for:
- Fraud, or fraudulent misrepresentations.
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
The WEBSITE may contain links to other websites; these external websites are not under our control. We provide these links because we think they might interest you, but we do not monitor or endorse these other websites. We are not liable for such websites and cannot make any guarantees about them.
Suspension or Termination of the Website or Services
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the WEBSITE or remove any of the services on it with immediate effect at any time, and without notice, for example if:
- There is a change in the law that limits our ability to provide the WEBSITE;
- An event beyond our control stops us providing the WEBSITE (eg: technical difficulties)
Changes to Terms & Conditions of use of this Website.
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions of Use from time to time. If this happens, we will post the new Terms & Conditions of Use on the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure you regularly check these Terms & Conditions of Use to familiarise yourself with the terms and check any updates. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms & Conditions of Us, please stop using the WEBSITE.
These Terms & Conditions of Use are governed by the law of England and you and we agree to use the English courts if there is any dispute between us.
How We May Use Your Details
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating or review, you agree that we, and any third party service providers, may use your email address to contact you about the states of your review and for administrative purposes.
We maybe required to disclose and shall disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our WEBSITE constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
Checkout Assistant Service
When you use our online store, details of any products that you seek to purchase, and your email address may be collected as you fill in the Checkout form. If you do not complete your purchase, we may contact you using these details to offer our assistance (in case, for instance, you were experiencing technical difficulties) and allow you to finalise your purchase.
You can choose to stop receiving our Checkout Assistance emails at any time by following the link at the bottom of each assistance email.
Terms and Conditions for Buying Goods Online
How the contract is formed between you and us
- After placing an order, you will receive online notification from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us. The contract between us will only be formed when you receive the product(s).
- The contract will relate only to those product(s) which you receive. A contract for any other product(s) which may have been part of your order will be formed when you receive those other product(s).
By placing an order through or site. You warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract.
- You are at least 16 years old, and
- That you are not a resident in a country where making a payment to our site, in line with these terms and conditions would breach any laws in that country.
Delivery of Products
Your order will be fulfilled/made ready for delivery within a reasonable time of the date indicated at the time of ordering unless there are exceptional circumstances. If there is a delay in fulfilling your order, we will be in contact to advise you directly.
The warranty to you for any product purchased from us through our site will, on delivery, conform with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which the product was purchased for. Some products come with their own warranty/guarantee these are fulfilled by the manufacturer.
- You have a statutory right to cancel your order for any reason and receive a full refund, except in the case of certain products listed below. You will receive a full refund of the price paid (excluding return postage charges). Your statutory right to cancel a contract relating to the purchase of a product starts from the date when you receive the product (when the contract between us is formed). If the product(s) have been delivered to you, you may cancel at anytime within 30 working days, starting from the day after you receive the product(s). In the event that you received a product that is damaged on delivery then please inform us of this in writing as soon as possible. If a product is returned to us damaged and you have not informed us that the product was damaged when you received it then we may refuse your right to cancel or receive a refund.
- You will not have any right to cancel a contract for the supply of any made-to-measure or personalised products.
- The price of the product(s) and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of obvious error.
- Product prices include VAT, where applicable. However, if the VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the product(s) in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- Product(s) prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders for product(s) which has already been fulfilled/received.
- If an order is cancelled in accordance with above, then we will refund the amounts owed as soon as possible following cancellation and in any case within 30 days following cancellation.
- If we are due to provide you with a refund, then this will be made to the credit/debit or PayPal account used to carry out the original transaction.
How we use your information
Our right to vary these terms and conditions.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order product(s) from us, unless these policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously place by you).
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communications by us to you will be electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our site. For contractual purposes you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Any notice to be sent by you or by us in connection can be sent by letter or by email. Notices to us should be sent to one of the following addresses –
- Gold Arts, 7 Brighton Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1HJ
We will send notices to you by email to the email address that you supplied at the time of registering up to our site.
Last updated March 2021